Albion Environmental are a leading UK consultancy specialising in resource management and facilities management training.
Albion Environmental’s core mission is “To continuously deliver high quality support, strategic advice & training solutions to the Waste, Environmental and Construction industries”. With 20 years experience and countless client testimonials, we are confident we will deliver the highest standard of services and support to each of our clients.
This three-day course has been designed to provide a detailed understanding of the requirement for waste pre acceptance audits for healthcare waste. It is suitable for staff working in a healthcare setting both clinical staff and facilities staff. In hospitals, GP practices, dentists, health centres.
The course is split into desk based and on site audit training.
To provide information and knowledge to plan, conduct and record a pre-acceptance audit in all areas of healthcare. This includes background to why Pre-acceptance audits are required including;
- The Definition of Waste
- The Duty of Care
- Special Waste Regulations
- Transport of Wastes (Including Dangerous Goods)
- NHS Scotland guidance SHTN3
- Environment Agency Guidance EPR 5.07
This will provide essential information and allow you to undertake your own audits and make sure they comply with the current legislation and contractors requirements for acceptance of healthcare waste at a treatment facility.
Half day desk-based training followed by on-site training audits within hospital setting.
Who Should Attend
- Staff working in a healthcare setting.
- Clinical and facilities staff.
- Introduction to healthcare waste;
- Hazards posed by healthcare;
- Classifying Waste (using EWC Codes);
- Requirements for Pre-acceptance audits;
- Managing Waste (Duty of Care):
- Assessment of healthcare waste – segregation and packaging requirements
- Completing pre acceptance audit paperwork
Course Materials include:
Confirmation of Learning
Confirmation of learning is achieved by completion of course exercises.
Candidates who complete the course successfully will receive a certificate issued by Albion Environmental. Course Certification can be used to demonstrate experience in completion of Pre-acceptance audits.
For further information on this course contact 01292610428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a wide range of waste management training courses which you can view here.