Albion Environmental Limited is one of the UK’s leading consultants specialising in waste management, environmental, health and safety solutions. We deliver strategic advice, support and training to the waste management and construction industries in both the public and private sectors.
Specific to the waste and resource management industry, our range of training and development courses are designed to ensure that staff and supervisors who have responsibility for staff development, can help employees achieve the required level of qualification most applicable to their operations on their sites.
Tool Box Talk Trainers Course
- A ten-hour classroom course jointly awarded by REHIS. (Royal Environmental Institute of Scotland.)
- Our specially developed course is for managers and supervisors within the waste industry who have a responsibility for inducting staff, delivering Tool Box Talks and passing on safety critical information such as risk assessments to their staff
Assess Workplace Competence Using Direct and Indirect Methods (FD41 04)
This unit is for those who assess in the workplace using a wide range of assessment methods, both direct and indirect. Persons wishing to achieve this unit (the assessor-candidate) will use the following direct methods: observation / examination of work products questioning (both created and not created at the time of observation).
Planning and Delivering Training Sessions to Groups SCQF Level 8 (HE0T 33)
Designed as an initial qualification for those with limited or no prior experience of planning and delivering training. It is intended for candidates with vocational expertise or subject knowledge, whose job role includes:
- Training of others in small group settings (minimum four, maximum seven learners) and in work-related learning contexts.
- Also suitable for those who aspire to a training role, or who expect to have some responsibility for training as part of a future job role.
- Observation and possibly related questioning
- Inspecting work products (created at the time of the observation)
Conduct the Assessment Process SCQF Level 8 (GF8P 48)
Complete the following unit H290 35 aimed at assessor-candidates who are assessing learners in a classroom or other off-job training environments. (An ‘assessor-candidate’ is defined as someone working towards achievement of this Unit.)
Achievement of this unit provided by evidence of your competence as a practising assessor. This evidence could be generated in a variety of non-workplace assessment contexts.
(Those who are assessing SVQs or other workplace qualifications should undertake Units L&D9D or L&D9DI.)
Our Track Record
Albion have a proven track record of delivering courses to many local authorities and public and private sector organisations, many of whom have engaged with us further to develop and roll-out the delivery of their own in-house training for all levels of staff .
We have a well-qualified and experienced team to deliver training for your organisation. All our staff currently complete CPD records for a range of professional organisations including, WAMITAB, SQA, CIWM and have a wealth of experience in supporting organisations at strategic and operational levels.
The awarding bodies that we carry out assessments and training for, are regulated by the Qualification Standards Authority (OFQUAL) and Sector Skills Council for their industry; compliance is essential. We are pleased to say that Albion have consistently received high praise from both SQA and WAMITAB at our annual verification visits.