This one-day refresher course is designed to provide candidates with updated understanding of the legislation relating to the Waste industry. The course design has been based on the Generic Syllabus and Learning Guides provided by WAMITAB.
The Course has been designed by experienced assessors who have experience completing and coaching candidates to successfully complete their WAMITAB Continuing Competence test.
Provide knowledge & understanding which will be required to complete WAMITAB Continuing Competence test. Course will cover the following objectives:
- Details of the main elements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and how it is implemented
- Understand the practical aspects of:
– The Definition of Waste
– The Duty of Care
– Registration of Carriers
– Special Waste Regulations
– Transport of Wastes (Including Dangerous Goods)
- Provide a basic understanding of the relevant parts of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who needs to sit their WAMITAB Continuing Competence
- Candidates undergoing WAMITAB COTC Qualifications
- Newcomers to the Waste Industry
- Incident & Emergency
- Preparing for Spills
- Response Basics
- Steps for Incident Spill Response
- Correct Use of Spill Kits
- Personal Hygiene & Safety
Participative with a mix of lecturing, case studies and exercises.
Course Materials include:
- Course Notes
- Mock Test papers
Confirmation of Learning
Confirmation of learning is achieved by completion of Mock Test.
Candidates who successfully complete course should have sufficient knowledge to successfully complete their WAMITAB Continuing Competence test.
Official test can be booked at https://home.pearsonvue.com/wamitab
For further information on the Continuing Competence Refresher Course, contact the Albion office on 01292 610428 or email email@example.com