The Environment Agency, is proposing to make changes to 7 of the 11 supporting annexes, within its H1 Risk Assessment Framework. The annexes contain guidance on the making of risk assessments for activities listed in the Environmental Permitting Regulations (EPR) 2010.
The changes that are being proposed can be summarised as follows:
- To implement the statutory requirements of the Water Framework Directive, the Environment Agency has chosen to combine annex D and annex E. This has enabled us to present one screening methodology for all surface water discharges.
- The purpose of annex K has been redefined to enable consideration of derogations from achievable emission limits presented within the Best Available Techniques (BAT) Conclusions document under the Industrial Emissions Directive (IED).
- A point source odour screening tool into annex F has been introduced.
- The ammonia assessment methodology in annex B has been revised.
- Annex A has been combined with annex C to present a single approach to amenity assessment and accident risk across Predicted Environmental Concentration (EPR). The effects of climate change and the risks of flooding have also been taken into account.
- Modifications have been made to the H1 Software Tool to demonstrate how the changes in annex D and F would be implemented. In addition, the extraction to a spreadsheet of input and output data and direct links to the EP OPRA spreadsheet have been enabled, and the annual reporting spreadsheet on substances released to the environment.
This consultation is open from 31/10/13 to 24/12/13.
To find out more and express your views please follow the link:
Source: Environment Agency