Date(s) - 10/09/2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Albion Environmental Ltd
This one day course (8 hours contact time) is designed to provide a basic understanding of the legislation relating to the Waste industry and provide the necessary level of knowledge for anyone dealing with waste management legislation on a day to day basis.The Course is ideally suited to anyone who regularly handles waste and covers legal responsibilities including completing Duty of Care paperwork.
This can include a whole variety of staff including:
- Weighbridge staff and household waste recycling centre operatives
- Facility Managers and Maintenance Contractors
- To understand the main requirements of the “Duty of care” with regards to waste management.
- To classify various wastes correctly with reference to either the “Lists of Wastes” or the “European Waste Catalogue”
Who Should Attend
Any one who requires an update on current waste legislation issues, candidates who regularly complete Duty of Care and Special waste paperwork as well as staff new to the Waste Industry
- Identifying Waste
- Impacts of Waste on the Environment
- Classification of Waste including correct EWC codes.
- Duty of care – responsibilities in the “waste chain”
- Special Waste Regulations & Consigning Special Waste
Participative with a mix of lecturing, case studies and exercises.
Course Materials include:
Confirmation of Learning
Confirmation of learning is achieved by completion of course exercises.
Candidates who successfully complete course will receive a certificate jointly awarded by Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland & Albion Environmental. Course Certification can be used to demonstrate APL for WAMITAB awards.