We are delighted to advise that we have two fully qualified and experienced trainers ready to deliver the Safety Health and Environmental Awareness (SHEA) Waste and Resource Management Passport course which is a new scheme supported by SWITCH, to improve Health and Safety in the sector.
Aligned to the SWITCH competence framework the SHEA Passport is:
- Affiliated with Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
- Ensures staff can demonstrate appropriate levels of Health, Safety & Environmental awareness.
To find out how one company used it to improve their Health and Safety and training across their operation please click here.
In response to the current emergency situation, EU Skills have announced that SHEA training and assessment can temporarily be delivered remotely via an ‘e-Classroom’. Albion are now looking in to the potential of offering this remote training to our customers.
For our experienced Trainers, the principles of remote training delivery for SHEA via an e-Classroom are the same as those for a physical classroom:
The Trainer and individuals can talk and interact with each other in real time:
- The design, content and structure of the SHEA training – and the final assessment – is the same.
- The same training materials are used (e.g. the same SHEA PowerPoint slides used in a physical classroom).
- Individuals must pass a final assessment – albeit controlled, delivered and taken remotely.
- Individuals are there to learn and pass the assessment to get their SHEA EUSR registration.
The scheme consists of 8 modules in total covering core health, safety and environmental topics outline below.
There are 8 mandatory modules for the Waste Management industry:
- Introduction to the waste sector
- Legislation, regulation and company procedures
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- What happens if things go wrong?
- Occupational Hazards & Consequences
- Onsite risks & Precautions
- The environment
- Waste collection: Drivers and operatives (waste specific module)
This course is designed for employees requiring access to Waste Management sites. Successful completion of the qualification will result in a SHEA EUSR card that will also features the SWITCH logo.
If you wish to discuss the delivery of this course in your organisation please do not hesitate to contact Kirstie 01292 610428 or email Kirstie directly for more information.
Visit our website for more info and courses we can deliver to assist you in keeping your staff up to date and ready to hit the road once the current Covid-19 situation stabilises.