Soil waste classification and management is a subject that is often not covered within traditional Phase 2 Site Investigation reports.
This can leave those dealing with waste soils (e.g. developers and groundworks contractors) exposed to unknown costs for waste soil disposal and non-compliance with Duty of Care Regulations.
Following discussions with our clients operating within the Construction Industry we have developed a bespoke ½ day course covering the following topics:
- Summary of key legislation and guidance with regard to the disposal of waste soil and stones
- Definition of waste in the context of soil and stones
- Interpretation of site investigation reports – identifying the key issues with regard to soil waste classification
- Applying the waste hierarchy in the context of soil and stones
- Soil disposal/reuse options and criteria that need to be met for each option
- Waste Management Licence Exemptions
- Waste Acceptance Criteria interpretation
- Scottish Landfill Tax and the Material Qualifying Order
The course will benefit Quantity Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Technical Managers and Site Managers.
For Further Information, Contact 01292 610428 or email@example.com