Waste Management Site - Site Operators Course
To enable individuals who work on Waste Management facilities for Local Authorities & industry to understand the issues arising from accepting, handling, storing and disposing of waste in a site regulated by a Waste Management licence (WML) or Pollution Prevention and Control (PPC) permit and comply with all the relevant legislation.
Duration: 1 Day (for all modules),
Or it can be divided into 2 x ½ days if required
Course Pre Requisites: None
The course is designed in a modular form and can be mixed and matched to meet the requirements of the client. The objectives, content & duration will depend on the number and choice of the modules picked. Each module is designed to last about 1.5 hours and the course is based on the core module and a minimum of 1 additional module (total of 4hrs). The modules (and objectives for each) are:
- Core Module (Intro to Waste Management facilities): Understand the role of & current legislation regarding Waste Management facilities.
- Site Operations: Ensure waste is handled & stored correctly and the workplace complies with its duties under the “Duty of Care” Regulations & any Waste Management Licence requirements
- Understanding WML or PPC - Understand the requirements set out in the WML or PPC and how these will be regulated.
- Introduction to other regulatory requirements: Site specific section to be designed around site requirements. Can include HSE, SVS and for example concentrate on road transport requirements etc.
Module 1 – An Introduction to Waste Management facilities regulation
- Why bother? The moral, legal & financial reasons
- What is Waste & Types of Waste
- Duty of Care Regulations (an overview)
- Environmental impacts of waste management facilities
Module 2 – Site operations
- Intro to site operation
- Safety & environmental aspects
- Hazardous wastes and materials
- Working Safely
- Practical Issues inc Frequently asked Questions
Module 3 – Understanding WML or PPC
- Key requirements of site WML or PPC
- Levels of staff responsibility
- How do you achieve compliance on your site?
- Dealing with the regulator?
Module 4 – Additional regulatory requirements (to be tailored to specific site)
- HSE requirements and monitoring
- SVS requirements and monitoring
- PAS 100 Requirements
- Transport of dangerous goods
- COMAH sites
Participative with interactive lecturing.
A course manual including booklet of FAQ’s will be provided for each delegate
Confirmation of Learning:
Is achieved by a theory assessment and each delegate will receive a certificate following successful completion of the course.
Classroom facility with power and enough space to conduct training and assessment
£900 plus VAT for a one day course,
Costs cover all costs for up to 12 delegates per session
Note 1 - Venue to be provided by client unless otherwise specified.
Note 2 – Above price does not include travel and accommodation if required. Please contact us to get detailed price.
Require further information please contact Alasdair Meldrum on 07789 902 678 or email@example.com.