Unit L&D9DI – Who this Unit is for?
This Unit is for those who assess in the workplace using a wide range of assessment methods, both direct and indirect. The person wishing to achieve this Unit (the assessor candidate) will use the following direct methods:
- examination of work products (both created and not created at the time of observation)
They may also be involved in authenticating indirect evidence such as:
- discussing with candidates
- testimony of others (witnesses)
- examining candidate statements
- assessing candidates in simulated environments
- Recognising Prior Learning (RPL) otherwise known as the Accreditation of Prior Achievement (APA)
The assessment decisions made by the assessor-candidate will be used to confirm achievement in a range of situations such as assessing SVQs, other workplace qualifications or in-company standards.
For this Unit, assessments must be of a substantial but realistic and manageable piece of the candidate’s work. Each assessment should cover the full assessment cycle to include planning, judging evidence, providing feedback and recording the decision.