Date(s) - 03/05/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Albion Environmental Ltd
This one day course (8 hours contact time) is designed to provide a basic understanding of the legislation relating to the Waste industry and provide the necessary level of knowledge for anyone dealing with waste management legislation on a day to day basis.
The Course is ideally suited to anyone who regularly completes Duty of Care and hazardous waste paperwork during there working routine. This can include drivers, weighbridge staff and household waste recycling centre staff.
- To understand the main requirements of the “Duty of care” with regards to waste management.
- To classify various wastes correctly with reference to either the “Lists of Wastes” or the “European Waste Catalogue”
- To complete Special (Hazardous) Waste Consignment Notes correctly for pre determined waste
Who Should Attend
Any one who requires an update on current waste legislation issues Candidates who regularly complete Duty of Care and Special waste paperwork New comers to the Waste Industry
- Identifying Waste
- Classification of Waste including correct EWC codes.
- Duty of care – responsibilities in the “waste chain”
- Special Waste Regulations & Consigning Special Waste
Participative with a mix of lecturing, case studies and exercises.
Course Materials include:
Confirmation of Learning
Confirmation of learning is achieved by completion of course exercises.
Candidates who successfully complete course will receive a certificate. Course Certification can be used to demonstrate APL for WAMITAB awards.
Bookings are closed for this event.